Sharp XScale-based PDA models (
The Sharp Zaurus are PDAs based on XScale, able to run Linux (‘SL series’).
The SL-6000 (“Tosa”), released in 2005, uses a PXA255 System-on-chip.
The SL-C3000 (“Spitz”), SL-C1000 (“Akita”), SL-C3100 (“Borzoi”) and SL-C3200 (“Terrier”) use a PXA270.
The clamshell PDA models emulation includes the following peripherals:
- Intel PXA255/PXA270 System-on-chip (ARMv5TE core)
- NAND Flash memory - not in “Tosa”
- IBM/Hitachi DSCM microdrive in a PXA PCMCIA slot - not in “Akita”
- On-chip OHCI USB controller - not in “Tosa”
- On-chip LCD controller
- On-chip Real Time Clock
- TI ADS7846 touchscreen controller on SSP bus
- Maxim MAX1111 analog-digital converter on I2C bus
- GPIO-connected keyboard controller and LEDs
- Secure Digital card connected to PXA MMC/SD host
- Three on-chip UARTs
- WM8750 audio CODEC on I2C and I2S busses