i440fx PC (
The QEMU PC System emulator simulates the following peripherals:
- i440FX host PCI bridge and PIIX3 PCI to ISA bridge
- Cirrus CLGD 5446 PCI VGA card or dummy VGA card with Bochs VESA extensions (hardware level, including all non standard modes).
- PS/2 mouse and keyboard
- 2 PCI IDE interfaces with hard disk and CD-ROM support
- Floppy disk
- PCI and ISA network adapters
- Serial ports
- IPMI BMC, either and internal or external one
- Creative SoundBlaster 16 sound card
- ENSONIQ AudioPCI ES1370 sound card
- Intel 82801AA AC97 Audio compatible sound card
- Intel HD Audio Controller and HDA codec
- Adlib (OPL2) - Yamaha YM3812 compatible chip
- Gravis Ultrasound GF1 sound card
- CS4231A compatible sound card
- PC speaker
- PCI UHCI, OHCI, EHCI or XHCI USB controller and a virtual USB-1.1 hub.
SMP is supported with up to 255 CPUs.
QEMU uses the PC BIOS from the Seabios project and the Plex86/Bochs LGPL VGA BIOS.
QEMU uses YM3812 emulation by Tatsuyuki Satoh.
QEMU uses GUS emulation (GUSEMU32 http://www.deinmeister.de/gusemu/) by Tibor “TS” Schütz.
Note that, by default, GUS shares IRQ(7) with parallel ports and so QEMU must be told to not have parallel ports to have working GUS.
qemu-system-x86_64 dos.img -device gus -parallel none
qemu-system-x86_64 dos.img -device gus,irq=5
Or some other unclaimed IRQ.
CS4231A is the chip used in Windows Sound System and GUSMAX products
The PC speaker audio device can be configured using the pcspk-audiodev machine property, i.e.
qemu-system-x86_64 some.img -audiodev <backend>,id=<name> -machine pcspk-audiodev=<name>